The following job opportunities at Microsoft are posted for NABC2006 registrants and their children. These positions are for qualified individuals interested in relocating to either Redmond, Washington, Silicon Valley and Hyderabad, India. Please take a moment to review the open positions and submit resumes to Microsoft’s recruiting team no later than June 23, 2006 via email to our email. Please be aware of the special notes at the bottom of this page.
Do you enjoy learning all the newest and greatest technologies associated with online services? Are you a known expert in internet related technologies and windows systems engineering? If you have the skills, this Systems Engineer position could be for you. Come be a part of one of the fastest growing applications on the planet and help us deliver the GOLD!
As the Systems Engineer for the Windows Live Platform Group, you will work closely and consult with the Windows Live and MSN product development and test teams, during both pre-release product cycles and post-launch operations to ensure the highest quality service. You will provide technical engineering support for the implementation, integration, and evolution of complex systems architectures; design and maintain Internet services support strategies; architect, implement and maintain Server Management and Quick Fix Engineering (QFE) tactics; provide application performance monitoring, tuning and optimization tactics; and provide technical expertise for resolving critical production systems issues. You will provide systems statistical trending and analysis, server capacity and threshold testing, systems documentation maintenance, and the analysis and evaluation of new systems designs and technical strategies. You will work with other team members to troubleshoot complex support issues, identify root causes and develop mitigation options. Your desire to improve, evolve and revolutionize the systems and processes you are exposed to will drive towards 99.999% service availability.
- 5+ years work related experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong Administrative skills with MS products required including Windows 2000/2003, IIS5/6
- A working knowledge of Active Directory, XML, .Net Framework, MSMQ, TCP/IP, security hardening procedures and tools for IIS/W2K/SQL
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills; written and oral communication as well as strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to be highly self-directed when required and work closely within a team
- Must effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks in accordance with high level objectives/projects
The position requires participation in a 24×7 on-call rotation. BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience is required. MCSE+ Internet certification or commensurate related experience is preferred but not required.
Are you a strong developer looking to work with a fast paced, fun-loving team on MSN and Windows products that delight hundreds of millions of users every day? Windows Live is innovating and competing with an incredibly tough field of competitors and need motivated, disciplined, customer-focused developers to leap ahead.
If you’re skilled, motivated, fun, customer-focused and want to work on a highly strategic product you just might be right for this team.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Strong algorithmic skills, a knowledge of one or more high-level programming skills, and skill with (or the ability to learn) C++, C#, AJAX and ASP.Net
- Strong analytical background; proven track record shipping Internet products
- Experience developing efficient and reliable components and services
- Working knowledge of XML/XSL/RSS and HTML/HTTP
- Solid coding/debugging skills
- Demonstrated success in working in a fast paced environment
- This position requires a BS degree in Computer Science or a related field plus 5+ years of industry experience.
Design/Development in Test
We’re looking for highly motivated Software Design Engineers in Test to be part of the Windows Live Platform and Experience teams that is defining next generation technologies to lead the industry. Is that you?
- Designing, implementing and executing tests for the next-generation of MSN and Windows Live products/services. This includes reviewing design specifications, participating in product design specs, driving test design and implementing test cases using C++ and C#
- Contribute to building an automation effort centered on functional, stress and performance testing as well as reducing the amount of time it takes to deploy new features and do end-to-end test passes across the entire client and server services
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in software testing
- Strong programming background in either C/C++ or C#, SQL and internet protocols
- Solid technical background with the ability to work in either C++ or C#
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol, ASP.Net, IIS, XML, SQL and current web/security technologies
Join our Sales team as and play a critical role in developing and managing successful marketing, advertising, and communication programs for key advertising partners.
Accounts Manager – A strong understanding of our business or online advertising; the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with demonstrated success in performing under resource and time constraints; the ability to coordinate deliverables and dependencies with other groups; excellent communication skills and superior customer-service oriented skills; and MUST be adept at dealing with ambiguity and a frequently changing work environment. Ability to think analytically and to set clear priorities, with very strong organizational, issue resolution, and decision-making skills required. Bachelor’s degree required.
Accounts Executive – A proven track record of initiating high-level contacts in accounts and their agencies, presenting, and a proven ability to close business. Passionate about the benefits of technology generally and especially the Internet. The ideal candidates will be action oriented, results driven individuals able to make sound and timely decisions in an ambiguous, fast paced environment where Internet advertising features and client benefits change rapidly. Candidates must also demonstrate exceptional customer-focus and be confident communicators in phone, written and face-to-face settings. Ideal candidates must have the ability to identify account opportunities, define the MSN products to meet the account’s needs, sell/close product packages to meet their revenue goals and demonstrate an ability to forecast the status of their business to sales management. It is crucial that candidates be able to represent Microsoft with integrity and trustworthiness while persuasively selling the benefits of online advertising and overcoming any objections. Candidates must have excellent relationship (references will be required) and time management skills in order to successfully bring in new business and respond to an ever changing market.
Accounts Manager Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Strategizing with Account Executives to break new business and grow existing client base
- Effectively monitoring day-to-day implementation, reporting/tracking of advertising campaigns
- Identifying additional revenue generating opportunities
- Building solid customer relationships, acting as point person for customer questions and concerns
- Conducting regular conference calls to communicate contract delivery and progress to partner goals, coordinating creative submissions, and campaign optimization
- Collaborating with Account Executives through regularly scheduled meetings regarding account status, opportunities, issues, and campaign optimization
- Reporting performance revenue by assigned due date each month.
- The ideal candidate has 2+ years online or advertising related work experience.
Accounts Executive Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Negotiate and sell online advertising to marketers and their advertising agencies
- Provide superior service to assigned accounts in order to meet or exceed client satisfaction through up-selling and cross selling product offerings
- A minimum 5 years proven direct quota carrying media sales experience, preferably in online advertising. Experience selling to Fortune 100 accounts.
Successful completion of a Background and Credit check is required for these opportunities. A prior conviction or derogatory credit check will not necessarily disqualify you from employment in this position.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.